October 23, 2008

Exam Fever Over!

Starting early Sept, GK have cut down on watching TV programs and started their revision for the exam. In early Oct, they have been spending about 2 hours daily in the nights, after dinner, doing their school homework, assessment books and those branded-schools' past years exam papers. There was not much of complaints from them as they realised the importance of the year-end examination. They have seen with their own eyes of the poor results and bandings that were presented in their report books from the previous semester's exams, and how awkward the situation was when their classmates' parents and our relatives started asking about their results. This time round, they told me they wanted to achieve better results.

Dad and Mother-in-law have been worried about their exams, they kept mentioning their worries, and nagged at GK.

So far, they have already sat for 2 papers; the English and Maths. Today will be the Mother Tongue paper.

Yesterday evening, Dad was asking me again, worriedly, whether GK will pass this exam or not. I told him I really don't know mann... it's really dependent on themselves, whether they could read, understand and be more careful with their answers.

As it was still early in the evening before the dismissal of school, Dad accompanied me to fetch GK. The form teacher mentioned that she has already completed the marking of the English and Maths papers, but refused to reveal anything about the results. Dad got worried again...

Well, today is the Mother Tongue paper... This is the paper which I doubt GK will do well. Basically, they show no interest for this subject at all; the words that they could read and write are really limited....However, I seriously reminded and 'warned' them last night that they still need to make an effort to pass this paper. As a Chinese, they have to know their own Mother Tongue well, and no excuse for them to fail this subject. They obliged and promised they will try their best.

Today when I woke up, I felt slightly more relaxed, cos' from this evening onwards, I don't have to bark at GK for their school work or assessment books anymore... It's time for them to take a good break also, to watch their favourite cartoon programmes - Ben 10 and Naruto.

Whether or not, I leave the results to fate...and on next Thurs (30 Oct), I will be going to their school to view their exam papers and see the results that they have obtained.... In fact, sounds like it's more to see my own results; the results of how much my efforts have paid off...

Cross my fingers! And bless me!

No comments: