May 14, 2008

A Note to my Darlings

My dearest, you saw your SA1 results with your own eyes, didn't you?

G - Eng (50/100), Maths (51/100), MT (58/100)
K - Eng (49/100), Maths (25.5/100), MT (58.5/100)

G - I am fine with your all-Band 3 results.... but I am sure you can do better in your coming CA2 and SA2.... keep it up!

K - I can see you were feeling upset as all the time, you were lowering your head and having redness in your eyes.... You heard and saw some of your friends were doing well, didn't you? Mummy tried 'begging' from your teacher to give you 1 more mark for your English, but she said she had tried her best.....

I knew the almost one-hour at home after returning from the school was miserable for you, cos' you knew Granny and Daddy's faces were showing anger. No more buying of new toys, no more watching of TV programmes....

But I hope you will understand, that we are trying to do you good... You can't be giving excuses all the times, and keep telling mummy that you can't read the words, without even making any attempts and putting in any efforts.

Actually Mummy and Daddy were very upset with the results, especially when your classmates' parents came and asked about how you scored.... We felt 'shamed'.... Cos' their children were doing so well.... At that point, Daddy asked me, 'We should have put in more efforts in teaching them', and I agreed. We do blamed ourselves for the poor results that you've obtained also....

Last night, after all the 'scoldings' from Granny and Daddy, we hid in the bedroom playing the Chinese wordcard games. Mummy enjoyed it so much that we played until midnight. And both of you didn't disappoint me....You were participating very actively. We must keep on trying, making efforts, and I believe you both can excel in all subjects.

Ganbatte!

Mummy loves you!

No comments: