June 25, 2009

Farrer Chalet @ East Coast Goldkist Beach Resort (5-7 June 09)

It has been a long time since I stayed in the East Coast Chalet. I felt happy and full of fond memories when I re-visited this resort during the first week of June for my Farrer Gathering.

I booked the Duplex Delux which cost $456 for a 3D2N stay... expensive sia.... and it comes with a big and spacious ground floor and a bedroom with a Queen-sized bed and a single bed.

I checked-in the room smoothly with the help of Wenxing, who actually fetch me from my home, to James' house in Ang Mo Kio to pick up 6 cartons of Tiger Beer (cans) and half a dozen of bottled Tiger Beer...So kind of him to have helped me carried all my barangs barangs to the chalet... and then he went home...

In the late evening, a few of my friends started streaming in, namely, Rappa, James, Evonne, Eilena and Kelun. We drank and played cards till about 2 am plus...

On the 2nd day, more of my friends joined us and we had BBQ...

When the BBQ was almost done by 10 pm plus, we all gathered in the chalet and played 'In-Between' till 4 am plus...
This guy in white shirt is Weiyuan aka One-Leg Champion. He was well-known for his agility and swiftness in playing One-Leg. Everyone remembers this even till now... He is happily married with a beautiful wife and has a pretty and cute 8-month old baby gal.

This is one of our newbies - William. He has just returned to Singapore only in last September, and we were glad to have find him back. Had a good catch-up with him, and we were talking a lot of our childhood kampong days... William lived in the same kampong street with me, and we took the same school bus since we were in our kindergarten days...then we joined Farrer Pri. In 1984, we shifted to different locations under the resettlement scheme... He moved to Shunfu Road and I was in Bt Batok, but we still on good terms in school, especially in Pri 5. He was one of my ping-pong kakis too...

The turn-up for this chalet was about 13 people... still a good effort in organising this gathering...

No comments: